PLENARY: HOW INTERNATIONAL BODIES CONTRIBUTE TO LGBTQIA+ HUMAN RIGHTS
Wednesday, June 28th. 11:00-12:30
International institutions such as the UN or the European Parliament work on schemes for furthering Human Rights on a daily basis, but are these schemes enough? What more is there to do? Where should our resources be allocated in order to make the biggest impact?
- Marta Méndez: Diplomat, Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation.
- Irena Moozova: Director, Equality and Union Citizenship, European Commission Department of Justice.
- Andre Du Plessis: Head of UN Programme and Advocacy, ILGA.
- Randy Boissonnault: Canadian MP, Advisor to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on LGBTQ2 Issues.
- Jonathan Cooper: Human Rights barrister.
- Vitit Muntarbhorn: UN Independent Expert on Violence and Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
- Ulrike Lunacek: MEP and Co-President, LGBTI Intergroup in the European Parliament.
- Carlos Jiménez Renjifo: Desk Officer for Spain and Andorra, UN Regional Information Center.