HOW TO MAKE LANGUAGE INCLUSIVE FOR AN LGBTQIA+ REALITY
Wednesday, June 28th. 14:00-15:30
One of the first steps to be taken when approaching LGBTQIA+ acceptance is the community’s treatment in language. How we can make language both inclusive and accurate, what terminology may need to be created or modified, the pros and cons of labels, and how to efectively implement changes are all questions which this panel will discuss in detail.
- Mercedes Bengoechea Bartolomé: Professor of English Sociolinguistics, Universidad de Alcalá and Member of the Advising Commission for Language, Instituto de la Mujer.
- Begoña Martínez: Translator, Interpreter, Writer and Professor, Universidad de Murcia.
- Elena Hernández Gómez: Director, Español al Día Department, Real Academia Española.
- Salvador Gutiérrez: General Linguistics Professor, Universidad de León, Member of Real Academia Española.
- Joaquín Müller-Thyssen: Journalist and Director, Fundéu BBVA.