HOW LOCAL GOVERNMENTS CAN ADVANCE LGBTQIA+ EQUALITY
Wednesday, June 28th. 14:00-15:30
There are examples of city governments helping change the way the LGBTQI community is treated and creating a more accepting environment for its citizens, but exactly how much can they do, and how should they approach the subject?
- Juul van Hoof: Founder and Coordinator, Rainbow Cities Network.
- Maximiliano Ferraro: Legislator, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, Argentina, President of the Commission for Education, Science and Technology.
- Lol Kin Castañeda: Human Rights Activist in Mexico.
- Kevin Peel: City of Manchester Councillor and Member of the European Committee of the Regions.
- Isabel García: Xirivella Municipality Councillor and Equality Spokesperson in Diputación de Valencia,
- Jose Ángel Santoro: Political Activist, Madrid Summit Organising Committee.