SEXUAL MINORITIES IN CONFLICT COUNTRIES AND HOSTIL ENVIRONMENTS
Wednesday, June 28th. 09:00-10:30
The Madrid Summit has the duty of condemning the violation of Human Rights around the world, so there is a special emphasis on countries and regions where this proves harder than anywhere else because of war, punitive and hostile legal systems or widespread intolerance. We aim to create awareness of these situations as these territories need alternative approaches and creative solutions if we are to succeed in having Human Rights recognised equally around the world.
- Georges Azzi: Executive Director, Arab Foundation for Freedom and Equality and Co-Founder, HELEM.
- Kasha Nabagesera: Founder and Executive Director, Freedom and Roam Uganda.
- Peter Tatchell: Activist and Founder, Peter Tatchell Foundation.
- Yahia Zaidi: Co-Founder and Board Member, MantiQitna Network.
- Maurice Tomlinson: Lawyer, Senior Policy Analyst, Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network.
- Michèle Ndoki: Vice-President of the Association pour la Défense de l’Homosexualité.
- Ana Martínez: Communication Manager, Amnesty International,