MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION: HOW TO INTRODUCE LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY AND TERMS IN THE NEWS
Tuesday, June 27th. 12:00-13:30
Big media outlets have the power to give a voice and visibility to minorities but do they do so with regards to the LGBTQIA+ community? This panel will ask media experts what knowledge they have of the community, what their approach to it is, and discuss the elimination of prejudice and homophobic language in the news.
- Ana Requena: Journalist, elDiario.es.
- Andrus Klikunou: Member, Belarusian LGBT Journalists’ Group Civil Initiative.
- Michael Lavers: Journalist, The Washington Blade.
- Apsara Reddy: Spokesperson for Indian Political Party AIADMK, Journalist and Editor of the magazine Provoke Lifestyle.
- Yolanda Martos Wensell: Journalist, bez.es.
- Jon Ariztimuño: News Director, Telemadrid.