NGOs’ ROLE IN CREATING LEGAL EQUALITY FOR LGBTQIA+ PEOPLE
Tuesday, June 27th. 10:00-11:30
The work carried out by NGOs has been crucial both in giving visibility to a community which used to be invisible and in ghting for Human Rights. We are lucky enough, nowadays, to have a large number of NGOs supporting the LGBTQIA+ cause, without which events like Madrid Summit wouldn’t be possible. This panel will therefore discuss the need society has for NGOs if it wants to create equality for its people.
- Ksenija Joksimovic: Co-Chair, IGLYO.
- Violeta Assiego: Lawyer and Human Rights Activist.
- Toni Poveda: LGBT activist.
- Najma Kousri: Lawyer.
- Yoni Ish-Hurwitz: Executive Director, Human Rights Likeminded O ce.
- Joyce Hamilton: Co-Chair ILGA-Europe.
- Gonzalo Fanjul: Activist and Co-Founder of the PorCausa Foundation.