GENDER BALANCE: HOW TO ACHIEVE AN EQUAL WORLD
Monday, June 26th. 15:00-16:30
Gender inequality has been a cultural encumbrance throughout history, a ecting the lives of countless people. In the West we live in a world where we still need an Equal Pay Day — and we consider ourselves lucky in comparison with the rest of the world. It is therefore not only just but necessary to build a more equal and fair society. This panel will look to create a dialogue around what are the steps necessary to achieve this.
- Sedef Çakmak: City Council Member, Besiktas Municipality, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Johanna Sigurdardóttir: Former Prime Minister of Iceland.
- Encarni Iglesias: Director, STOP Violencia Digital de Género.
- Lucía Cerón: Director, Instituto de la Mujer y para la Igualdad de Oportunidades.
- Ángeles Álvarez: Feminist, Activst, and Member of Spanish Congress.
- Francisco Polo: Federal Secretary of Entrepreneurship, Science and Innovation, PSOE.